Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just some random things

So lately I have been hearing a lot of New Kids on the Block songs on the radio. I just about die of laughter every time one of them is played. And it is so terribly sad that I have every one of those stinkin' songs memorized. Since they are on tour again I guess that means I can blow the dust of my tapes and play them as I do fabulous dance moves around the kitchen. Then on Sunday night after the football game Damon was flipping through channels and came across scenes from their tour. It was their Boston show so of course it was huge. They have changed the key of most of their songs, but they still sound the same. They still have the same dance moves. They should probably redo those. They are just so terribly cheesy. The camera would pan the audience and they were all 30 somethings in there. So funny.


Everyone knows I love to read. I really feel like it is the best form of personal relaxation. There is nothing like a good book to rescue you from reality for a little while. I think that is why I end up falling in love with so many fictional characters. Well, I just read this great book with a great, sweet, wonderful story and I wanted to share it with everyone. The story was just so simple and the author isn't to verbose. Anyway... the book is called A Company of Swans and it is by Eva Ibbotson. Go read it. It isn't even very long. 244 pages. If I were really talented and new the right people I would so love to write this into a movie. I would love to see this on the big screen. I know who I would cast as the lead guy, but he is starting to look a little old. Oh well. Enjoy the book.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ewww - I will need to read that book - it sounds good!

Also, I just saw an interview with NKon the Block and the girl was asking why they decided to not revamp their name(hello...they are as old as we are) like to New Men on the Block - they just said why change a good thing? Puhhlease! They are funny and full of themselves! (But, I still like their songs!)

Keira said...

NKOTB--YES! I knew I should have saved all my old tapes.

Jen said...

Ha! That is so funny - New Kids brings back so many jr. high memories! I will admit that I had a poster of them on my wall once. What the heck are all those 30 year olds thinking? - NKOTB were kinda dorky then, how in the world could they be any cooler now?
Thanks for the book suggestion. After I read Host, I'll look for it. Hey and HOORAY - I finally returned - sorry for the lengthy "vacation" from blog visiting.