Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Family, Friends & a Funeral


This is a late post. It was written back in March before I had pneumonia. I was waiting for some pictures to put up with it. I am feeling better by the way.

With those three F's going on for the past 2 weeks it's no wonder that I am walking around feeling like a zombie. I haven't even been able to pick up a book because I just don't have the mental stamina for it.
My BFF from growing up and high school was here last weekend. We had so much fun together. We pulled out old photo albums and giggled and laughed and whispered when it was something that Damon shouldn't hear. We laughed at our changing clothes, hair styles and height as we flipped through pictures from 1st grade to high school. We stayed up til odd hours of the night. Not quite as impressive as when we would have our Rachel/Amanda marathons during the summer, but not bad for some old farts now. I don't get to see the friends who know every bit of me and still choose to be my friend very often so I have to live it up while I can get it. It was fun having my kids meet someone I have known almost my entire life. (I have some great pics from when we were little, but still haven't figured out our scanner.)


The day after my friend left we made the trek to Riverside yet again. This time for the funeral of Damon's uncle. I wasn't sad about his passing, but the loss of another truly good person. I just feel like there aren't enough of those around anymore. He was buried at the cemetery next to March Air force Base and we had the guns go off and the flag folding. That did bring tears to my eyes because I know how easily that could be any of my friends whose husbands are in the military. I am thankful for their sacrifice and for that of Damon's uncle to serve our country. We will miss Uncle Tom's laughter.




I just thought I would put this one up from the funeral.


I bought a new bike today. It is very fast. I can't wait to race in it. It weighs mostly nothing. My dad is driving me crazy with stuff from my accident. Mentally I know that the arbitration is 3 weeks away, but why do I have to prepare now? I lived through it. Why do I need to pour myself over my notes and the insurance company's notes until I am sick to my stomach. I have more important things to do. (to bad I haven't been able to ride it yet because of my recent illness.)(on a side note, the arbitration was pushed back yet again. I really hate my insurance company's lawyer.)

My friend did a post about the guilt-o-meter. I feel like I haven't been a very good mom lately. Everything else is just taking to much time so my kids are getting the shaft. I am sure my kids are very sick of cereal in the morning. I haven't even done the boys piano lessons in 2 weeks. We used to have lots of fun. I read older posts and know we did. I must try harder. I am glad Damon is around to help pick up the slack when I fall short. I am so ready for spring break!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, how I agree with you about friends that you have had for life - they just get you and are so fun to be with and laugh about life in the good old days!

Kelly Mo said...

Amanda looks great! What is she up to these days?

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

I really hope you're feeling better and you STOP with this bad mommy business! You're the best! You had pnemonia for goodness sake...you deserve to let your kids have cereal! You got me and my crazy kids out in public...to a movie nonetheless. You're my hero!