Nana was in town for the week. The kids always love it when Nana is here. We all enjoy her visits. On Tuesday we went up to Riverside so she could visit the family. Lily and I went and visited my dad. Lily loves being at Grandpa's house. He always has banana bread and yummy treats. It was a quick trip up because we had to be back in time to get the boys from school, but it was nice. 
Wednesday Adam's class had a field trip to Sea World. Nana and Lily and I joined the class. We had lots of fun. We fed the sea lions, saw Shamu, the polar bears, penguins, manatees, dolphins, touched star fish and bat rays and took a trip to the Artic. The best part was running into two of my cousins, Mary and David, and their families. One cousin was in town from Phoenix, and the other from New York. It was good to see them and their kids. I would have like to have visited more, but I had some of the other kids from Adam's class with me. It was still a nice surprise. We were pretty tired when we got home and all of us had a little more color in our cheeks.Thursday we received some sad news. Damon's wonderful uncle had passed away early that morning. He led a wonderful life and he will be missed. We are grateful for the knowledge that families are forever and we can see Uncle Tom again someday.
Nana let Damon and I sneak away for an evening and the next day to have some quiet time away from "real" life. We went up to Carlsbad and stayed at the Sheraton near Legoland. We had a great time even though the weather was quite junky. It was a nice break even if it was short. All we did was eat and shop so there aren't any fun pictures.
Friday brought Papa and the weekend. We all enjoyed a nice dinner at our family restaurant, Red Robin. Papa calls it the Robin that's Red. We had a great time.
Noah and Lily are both sick with coughs. I am about ready to rip my ears off my head. This too shall pass and spring break is just around the corner. Yippie!

3 comments:
Oh man... I miss Sea World! I can't wait to take the kids!
Busy week girl! You weren't in your ward today! I went to your ward as I had to help my mom with her RS lesson!
A field trip to Sea World eh? Wow, that's tough! (o: And bad weather in Cali too? Geesh, how do you stand it there! (o: he he. How lucky to have a "getaway" we have never had a chance to do that in the eight years we've had kids. I'm jealous!! (o: Hope the spring break weather is better - I'm SURE it's better than ours!!
Post a Comment