Saturday, March 28, 2009

Responsibilities, Remonsibilities

What to do when it is going to be 80*F. Do I be responsible and get the car washed and gassed, run to the bank, the grocery store and clean my desperately needed to be cleaned house? Or do I just push it off and say it can be done tomorrow? Definitely tomorrow. Except......

After my gym workout a friend and I decided to take our girls to the beach for a beach day. We had fun and the girls loved digging in the sand. It was almost perfect down at the shores yesterday. Not a cloud in the sky, a light breeze and nearly perfect temps. It probably could have been 2 degrees warmer, but I am not complaining. We had a picnic lunch and let the girls enjoy their "freedom". They think we don't watch as they head down to dip their toes in, but really we are ready to spring if anything looks threatening. Lily taught her friends how to roar at sea gulls. Good times.

So what has happened to all the errands that needed to be run "tomorrow"? Well at about 5pm yesterday I started to feel all achy and hot, but cold. Damon put me in bed at 5:30pm and I haven't really left. So the errands aren't getting done today either and I have to put my faith in Damon that he won't burn down the house while cooking for the kids. (just kidding Dams!) I was a bit worried when the smoke detector kept going off last night at dinner and this morning for breakfast. I really hope everyone survives.
Field Trip Thursday
Forgot to blog this so I will just add it to this post. I watched a friend's kids on Thursday. We had lots of fun. We went to the yogurt shop for our field trip and then to the park. The kids had a blast at both. All the kids just play really well together. After we got home we finished planting the garden with some peas. Everyone thought that was great. One more thing left to plant, zucchini.


This is to my Father in law who said we had a messy garage. It can be cleaned!

5 comments:

jlk said...

A day off followed by a day in bed. Not too shabby!

MBlairsLars said...

I miss the beach! Looks like fun, wish I could have gone too. It is suppose to be 29 degrees on Monday....yeah!

Julie and Pete said...

Maybe at some point I'll see the sun. I'm excited to see you guys. It isn't coming fast enough. I hope you are feeling better!

Kelly Mo said...

wanna ditch your fam and come to phoenix for a bit? I miss my rachy kach.

Keira said...

2 degrees warmer is just quibbling with perfection.