
The kids had their first day of school today. It wasn't as joyous as I thought it should be. Adam was so excited he couldn't contain himself. Noah was so miserable he made me grumpy. Lily was indifferent and hated being told she had to get up and get breakfast because she now had a time table to follow. To tell the truth, I wasn't as nearly as excited as I thought I should have been. I had lots of fun this summer and enjoyed not having a set schedule. After all the paperwork I had to fill out today, I almost want school to be over again.

The boys didn't like carrying all their loot to school with them. At least they didn't have to carry it home again.

We had to be out the door by 8am to pick up some last minute stuff for school. I am glad Staples opens early. After parking way far away from school, I probably live closer than where I got to park, running down the hill, meeting both the boys teachers, running back up the hill carrying Lily, and getting Lily to school on time I was exhausted.


My friend, Dianne, and I went out to breakfast and then I went home. I sat and enjoyed the silence for an hour and a half. I did the dinner menu for the month, made a shopping list, sent a long email to Damon, who is not here right now, and found out that BYU went up in the rankings from #20 to #9. Then it was time to get Lily. My quiet time was over.
Speaking of BYU, I was pleasantly surprised Saturday night after they beat Oklahoma. Honestly, I was expecting a slaughter and they managed to pull out a victory. It was such a treat. Good job Cougars!
When the boys got home from school I asked them how their day was. I had been agonizing over this whole Obama speech thing to the school kids all weekend. Should I have my kids go to school or shouldn't I? I read the speech while they were gone. So I asked them about it when they got home. Noah said, "We watched it for 5 minutes." Adam's class didn't even watch it at all. I thought that was smart. After reading it I can't imagine any K-3rd grader actually still paying attention after 2 minutes. Honestly. I asked Noah if the president inspired him to work hard and stay in school. Noah said no, that was my job. That's right. So I worried over nothing. I still thought the speech was a little bit annoying. How many times does one have to say, "If you quit school you quit on your country." His sob story about having a rough start was a bit annoying too. To his speech I have to say "Whatever."
It was a good first day of school. I am sure as September rolls on we will get into our same old routine.
2 comments:
Yeah - first day of school down - 169 more to go!
Looks like a good day...I have to call you and find out who the boys got...very exciting. I got your call, but haven't had a chance. I'll call you tomorrow.
Post a Comment