Thursday, September 3, 2009

The last hurrahs of summer!

Summer is finally coming to a close. It is hard to believe that summer is winding down since the weather is so wretchedly hot. It's also my 100th post. Pretty amazing. I didn't think I would keep this up, but I have really enjoyed doing the blog. We have had a fun last few days despite the heat.

Last weekend Damon was going to be really busy with Luaus so I took the kids up to Mortensen Manor for some quality bonding time with their cousins. They ate sour dough waffles, played with the chickens, ran amok in the basement and went swimming. Lily is swimming all over the place and went of the diving board all by herself. It was amazing. They loved it and I enjoyed not having to entertain them all the time.


Monday we went to the pool with our friends, the Shoff's. We tried to stay cool and relax. Even being outside in the morning is hot. We have all gotten nice and brown this summer from hanging out at the beach and the pool so much. It will be kind of sad when school starts.

Tuesday we declared it "Mom's day" and we got two sitters and sent all the kids to the Shoff's. Erika, Dianne and I went and saw, "Julie and Julia". It was cute. I liked it better than the book. We had a leisurely lunch afterwards. I think we all enjoyed being out.

Wednesday was lesson day. I had so many piano lessons. The boys had theirs too so the piano was going non-stop. I was also thrown a bit of a curve ball in all my careful planning so that had to be addressed too. It all worked out though. Adam also got his two front teeth pulled out. He looks so different and his smile is different, but he is still our same Adam. To make everything all better we went to Jamba Juice.
Today we spent another rather hot and humid day at Sea World. The crowds were small and the kids were good. We didn't see any shows, but saw all the fun animals and went on Journey to Atlantis. Adam and Hayes got drenched, but I didn't get a spot on me. Adam was prepared. He wore his swim suit. We fed the sea lions and I got yelled at for having the dolphins do tricks. We came home hot and exhausted and had breakfast for dinner. Who doesn't love that?Stay tuned for Mom's last hurrah of summer!! Now that should be a good post.

No comments: