Saturday, September 5, 2009

Girl's Disney Weekend


Way back in May I suggested to some friends that we should run in a race that they have at Disneyland. They quickly agreed, which surprised me. We had the race this past weekend and had lots of fun.

We decided to go up to Disneyland Friday afternoon, before traffic, and have some fun. We went to California Adventure and went on Soarin, which was Erika's first time, Screamin', again, Erika's first time, the Toy Story ride, which I got the highest score on and Screamin' again. So much fun. Dianne and Erika haven't been to Disneyland without there kids so it was great.



We went to dinner at Rainforest Cafe. We ate some yummy food and ended it with a volcano. We had to hurry through dinner because we had to check into our race before 8pm. Check in was at the DisneyHotel so we walked around there a bit.


We went back to Disneyland and went on Pirates, watched some of Fantasmic, watched the fireworks and went on Space Mountain. So fun. We walked back to our hotel from the park where we had bunk beds. So funny. I kept laughing because I felt like I was at camp.


The next morning we got up and went to the starting line. We had Mickey ears on for the race. It was so much fun. The characters were out and some of the rides were going. It was Dianne's first race ever so we were so happy for her. There were 4000 people in this race. We all finished somewhere in the middle.


We did some shopping after breakfast and then drove home. We decided we couldn't put off returning to our real lives to much longer. Thanks to my hunky hubby for watching the kids so I could go have some fun. Thanks to my friends for being willing to go on my crazy misadventures with me. We should do it again.

Next up...Labor Day and First Day of School (secretly jumping up and down)(not really secretly though)

3 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

I am sure that was fun! Was it a 5K or something through the park?

Julie and Pete said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! Yes, it's no secret that I'm excited for school to start either!

Heather said...

Fun fun - I had some friends run that same race and they said it was really fun!