After a week of not feeling good, but still pushing myself (not to hard. I haven't worked out since the triathlon) I finally went to the Dr. I had a sinus infection/head cold that was moving towards my chest. Yea. Not quite pneumonia, but still annoying.
So now I am on the right medicine and told once again to take it easy (grrrr). I am feeling much better now and am itching to get moving again. However, on Saturday night Lily started not feeling good and now she is sick. I was worried about it being the hini virus since some of the kids in her class have had it, but it turned out to be just a really high fever and nothing more. Once again, I need to slow it down so she can rest. She is on the mend, but is housebound for the next couple of days (grrrr)
I must do my thankfuls now that the month is halfway over and I haven't posted anything. I have a lot of gratitude in my heart so I feel that it should be expressed so here they are.
November I am Thankful...
1) That I was able to detox my body from all the sugar that was ingested during Halloween.
2) that a dentist in our neighborhood takes all the Halloween candy and sends it to the troops overseas so I don't have to have it in my house (my kids aren't to thankful for that)
3) for a free country. I really enjoy democracy even though it leads to bad choices sometimes
4) for my family. I really appreciate my sisters and brothers and my parents and Damon's parents
5) that I am all done working for the week
6) for my Lily. We spent some time just us today and I really do love her. She is growing up to be quite a young lady
7) for a really healthy body. I keep challenging it and it keeps doing everything I ask. The human body is amazing. I am also grateful for my triathlon being over.
8) for quiet sabbath days. In this busy world it is nice to have one day a week to slow down, reflect and to worship
9) for my piano students. They drive me crazy, challenge me and work hard. They are amazing.
10) for my Noah. He works so hard and is growing up so fast. It makes me sad to think I only have 8 more years with him living with us.
11) for Veterans. I love having a day off to reflect upon those who serve our country. I have such great respect and admiration for them.
12) for great friends. I didn't have any kids today because they were playing at friend's houses. It was so quiet all afternoon and I was able to rest from my illness
13) for Damon's job. It allows me to stay home and be with the kids. I am happy that he still has it. He works so hard for us.
14) for Adam. He works so hard and makes us laugh all the time. He is such a nut. I think he was sent to our family to help us take life less seriously
15) for antibiotics and urgent care facilities.
16) that Damon is such a wonderful husband. He has had to do his job and my job lately since I haven't been feeling well and I know that must be exhausting. He has done dishes, bathed kids, gone to soccer games, made dinner and taken care of Lily in the middle of the night so I can rest. I so appreciate that. He is wonderful, not perfect, but wonderful.
There is my list of Thankfuls thus far. I will try to be better about posting them so I don't seem ungrateful.

4 comments:
Nice thank you list and I am glad you are feeling better.
Love it. Hopefully you feel 100% soon. It stinks when the family starts going down one by one. I love your thankful list....keep up the good work!
I just found your blog through Caroline's :-) I hope you feel better soon! Nothing worse than being sick when you are a mom. I thought there was this unwritten rule that moms can't be sick, but apparently we all are forced to break it sometimes against our will.
You need your rainy days in Oregon! Hope you're feeling better soon. I liked your list of thankfuls.
Post a Comment