With funerals comes reunions. Since my parents moved from central Phoenix 12 years ago I have not seen many of the kids that I grew up with our their parents. It was so great to see people who have known me my whole life and can tell me stories of my early years that I don't even remember. I have fond memories of all the families that we were able to visit with while there. I asked Neil Cleck for a lemon drop. Surge Huff told me not to kick him in the shins and when I saw the Turley's I was reminded of how their son showed me in the backyard at their house how he could pee on the cat (we were 4).
On top of seeing my parents old friends, I was able to see my old friends. It was great catching up with each other and I was reminded of all the fun times we had in our youth. We must have driven out about 5 different sunday school teachers. I know we made at least 2 of them cry and then when we started driving, sunday school was a great time to drive home and get a snack. Boy what rebels we were. My YW president was crying before the funeral started because she loved seeing all of us grown up. Funny how we don't see ourselves as being grown up.

No comments:
Post a Comment