Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dinner #11

Today's dinner was so yummy that I forgot to take a picture of it before we devoured it.   I got this recipe from my friend April.  It was fabulous.  I thought the kids would turn up their noses at it, but they loved it.  My parents were here as well and they enjoyed it too.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 Small Onion Chopped
1-1/2 Jalapeno, Seeded and Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
Saute in 2 Tbs Oil

1 - 2 Lb boneless cooked chicken
1 - 16oz can stewed tomatoes (I would use diced.  I hate big chunks)
1 - 10oz can rotelle tomatoes
2 - 10oz cans chicken broth
1 - 10 oz can tomato soup
1-1/2 Cups Water
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt

Bring to a boil; simmer covered one hour

Condiments:  Homemade tortilla strips or tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, avocado chunks, sour cream, cilantro, lime and quesadillas

Enjoy!

No comments: