Monday, August 18, 2008

Big Girl Now!


Since the potty training of Lily has entitled her to be called a big girl she decided she no longer wanted to sleep in the crib. She wanted to be in a big girl bed. So we took her to the store and she got to pick out sheets and a comforter. All last week she would ask, "Can we put my big girl bed together now?" I kept telling her on Saturday. Well Saturday finally arrived and she was not going to be put off any longer. We washed her new sheets, took down her crib, which she insisted being a part of, and rearranged the furniture. The finished product looks pretty nice except in Lily's words, "It's so beautiful." She truly is a big girl now. I am not to keen on the bedding myself, but it makes her happy. I only wanted it to match the paint in the room. On a different note Damon was a little sad breaking down the crib. It has been up for 8 1/2 years. I however was doing the happy dance.

2 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

Way to go, Lily!! Enjoy the freedom and space!

Keira said...

Ooooooooohhhh. Taking down the crib forever. We're not there yet but we're getting closer.