Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Full Mouth

Ever since Noah was 2 I knew that his mouth would need lots of work. Well the time finally arrived and we went on a whirlwind of orthodontist appointments. After two months of impressions, spacers, brackets, lip bumper and an expander he finally got his braces on. He had to go through 7 weeks of "cranking" on the expander before his top jaw was wide enough to match up with his lower jaw. He has been a good sport about it. He hasn't complained about the braces. He seems so much older now with them on. He is looking forward to October so he can get black and orange bands on his brackets. At least he is having fun with them. I sympasize with him very well. I remember all those appointments to Dr. Running's office and being miserable the first couple of days after each appointment. At least I am not making him eat hard things right afterwards.

6 comments:

jlk said...

He hardly seems old enough! Good luck with all that. Black and orange bands are pretty cool, as are doing the colors of your favorite team. My brother always had Bulls colors.

MBlairsLars said...

I saw Noah at church today with the biggest green smile. Good for you Noah, you look awesome!!!!

MBlairsLars said...

P.S. I just tagged you....see my blog.

Heather said...

Where are you having Noah's work done? I need to get the same nasty process done on maddie - her teeth are wacked! ;0)

Keira said...

Wow. He can't be old enough. I remember having such an aching mouth after first getting mine...

Kelly Mo said...

He seems pretty thrilled about his new set of braces! You went to Dr. Running, too? Did I know that? I am certainly glad those days are behind me. Shhhh, don't tell Noah!