After we left Anaheim we drove to Mortensen Manor to spend a few days with our cousins. The kids loved swimming, playing with the chickens and having more kids to play with than just each other. It was a nice break for me. The kids would be in the basement and I wouldn't even here them. What a nice change after 7 weeks of summer. Thanks Jen!
Lily has done a few funny things lately and I thought I would share them just to g
et a laugh. She is also doing a lot of annoying things lately too, like not sleeping through the night. Which is why this post is so late. The other day we were getting in the car and she said, "Mom, I want to hear anky noodle." I said, "Anky Noodle?" She said, "Yes. Anky Noodle rides the pony." I laughed and told her it was Yankee Doodle. Then tonight at dinner Noah commented that Lily was the only kid who hadn't stuck anything up her nose while being three. Well later on during the meal Lily stuck rice up her nose and a lot of it. I couldn't get it out with a tissue so I asked her to blow her nose while plugged one nostril. I didn't think she could do it, but she did and the rice flew all over my lap. That got all the boys laughing. I can now say all my kids have stuck something up their nose. Yippie.
When asked today if I was going to watch the Democratic National Convention I said, "No, what is the point?" I don't need to waste my time. If you haven't been to JibJab this political season you should. It is hilarious. Also on another political note, I don't usually do this, but Damon has been out walking the neighborhoods doing some canvasing, so it has been on my mind. If Prop 8 in California fails and marriage can be between any two persons than what is to stop people from marrying their dogs. Marriage has to be define as something so why not have it be between a man and a woman.

On another book note I have been cured of my Twilight obsession
. I still like the books, but I don't feel the need to pour over them. While at my sister's I came across a series of books that I read while living in Oregon and was reintroduced to out of a touch of insomnia. I was reminded of some male characters who are much better than Edward. If you haven't read the series yet you should. They are the Amelia Peabody Series by Elizabeth Peters. So good. You have to read them in order though, but my favorites are Falcon At the Portal and He Shall Thunder in the Sky. Definitely team Ramses. Happy Reading.
. I still like the books, but I don't feel the need to pour over them. While at my sister's I came across a series of books that I read while living in Oregon and was reintroduced to out of a touch of insomnia. I was reminded of some male characters who are much better than Edward. If you haven't read the series yet you should. They are the Amelia Peabody Series by Elizabeth Peters. So good. You have to read them in order though, but my favorites are Falcon At the Portal and He Shall Thunder in the Sky. Definitely team Ramses. Happy Reading.

4 comments:
What a great end to your summer! And congrats on 10 years! Has it really been that long? Man, it seems like yesterday when we were celebrating in Disneyland. Also, I admire your courage for getting up on your political soap box. I don't have the balls. :) You never have been one to keep your mouth shut. Love it! PS - Andrew's name is spelled wrong on your blog list. ;)
What a nice way to wrap up the long, hot summer. Disneyland was so great when we were there but it is a bit of an ordeal when you feel like you have to cram everything in at one or two visits. (Laura couldn't get enough of the haunted mansion.)
Hey Rachel, I found your blog on Jana's site. It's me Linda (johnson) Williams. I am so glad I found your blog. Your kids are adorable. It has been so long since I have seen you. Glad your doing well.
You need to get some sleep! I can't believe we are leaving tomorrow for our next dose of Disney! Reading about the kids there helped me get a bit more excited about going.
Julie
Post a Comment