Thursday, September 11, 2008

2nd Week of School

Just like everyone else's blog my entries are few and far between. I haven't had much to write about and if I did it would all be negative and grumpy. The stress level in the Afualo house has been at max lately and I believe most of it is due to me. What with court appearances, dealing with insurance companies and insurance company's lawyers who could manage a good mood. To top off everything my body is going through the ringer because I finally took the plunge to get in shape and I got a trainer. It is nightmarish. It is all for the greater good though right?

So here is our week in review. Piano lessons started for the boys. Neither of them are happy about it, but I don't care. I hired one of my old piano students to teach them. Adam had his first soccer game last Saturday. The Purple Flaming Dragons are 1-0 right now. That, as always, was hilarious. This week I taught Lily's preschool class. They learned about "Going back to School." I am glad that is over. Now I don't have to teach again until the last week of October. Lily had her first gymnastics class. Well, she was supposed to, but the lady in charge did not tell me that they cancelled her class and moved everyone to the 1pm class. So she missed her class, but they did a little private lesson for her. She was great. Pictures will follow with that later. Noah and Damon had scouts. Yippie. Then to top it off today was field trip day again and I let the kids choose. Out to lunch at McDonald's (yummy for mom) or going bowling. They chose McD's. It was chaotic, but fun. We ran into some friends there who have kids the same age so they all played.

I think we are finally settling into a nice school routine. Hopefully it will last. I really am hoping for a mellow fire season this year. If anyone has any advice for crock pot dinners let me know. That's all I seem to have time for. Dinner gets made around 2pm Monday-Wednesday. Sad I know. I think the real problem is is that there aren't any good shows on yet so there really is nothing to watch to escape reality and unwind. Can't wait til the last week of September. On the happy side of things at least BYU is 2-0 in football. On a humble note, this being the 7th anniversary on 9/11 I feel compelled to at least acknowledge all those who were affected by that day and be grateful for those who gave their lives to help others. We should never forget that day.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Your life sounds every bit as crazy as mine - minus the cooking at 2 pm - my kids are lucky if they get cereal - no kidding!

jlk said...

There is an awesome blog that does a new crock pot recipe every day -- http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/. I have tried a couple of her recipes, and they're pretty darn good.

September is a crazy month, is it not?

Keira said...

Adam looks so grown-up in his soccer kit.

And for the record, you are right not to blog if you're irritated. I'm always having to hit the delete button and add "yadda, yadda, yadda..." to some of my higher flights.