Last year I s
tarted this tradition to help ease my conscience about working from home in the afternoons. The kids get out early every Thursday and so we called it field trip day. I pick them up and we take tu
rns picking what we want to do. The activities range from playing at the park to going to Disneyland. This first field trip we went to La Jolla Shores to commune with Moana (the sea goddess) and enjoy the beach. Well, the weather didn't think it needed to cooperate with our ideas. It wasn't cold, but it diffenitely wasn't 100% sunny. We still had a great time. Noah found a clam. He was sad that I made him return it to the ocean when we were leaving. Lily was run over by a boogie boarder about her size. Adam had a great time. We had lunch and just play in the water. The kids played in the sand too while I did some Soduku puzzles.
On a more frustrating note Lily still refuses to sleep through the night. It is getting way annoying. She disturbed me from not one, but to very interesting dreams. I hate that. They never come back either. I am still hoping it is a phase she will grow out of. Last night we got a call from the doctor with some test results for Adam. Last week when we were there for our yearly check up I had him tested for allergies. I knew he was allergic to peanuts and had a very mild allergy to eggs whites. The list came back and was way confusing. No eggs or peanuts, but rice, oats, peas, june grass, burmuda grass, celery, carrots, mold, mildew and here is the kicker, apples. No here is the funny thing. Up until 3 months ago Adam ate apples every day for lunch. He loves them. Then we noticed that he started getting hives around his mouth when he ate them. how after 5 years do you all of a sudden get an allergy? He has always loved carrots, he eats peas all the time and how on earth can a polynesian be allergic to rice. I am just baffled. Now I am thinking I need to get the other kids tested to make sure I am not poisoning them. It really stinks. Here is hoping that he has grown out of the peanut allergy. That would make the apples worth it.

2 comments:
Field trip day - tooo fun!!
Allergies - not so fun! You need to call little melissa Larson and vent about that one!
Spencer is my "skin condition" kid. Always has scratches and redness and alligator skin--but no allergies that we know of. Weird.
Post a Comment