Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School


Yea! A new school year is upon us. No matter how prepared I thought I was for the first day the last 10 minutes before we left still felt like a mad dash. The boys met their new teachers. Noah was only a few seconds late, not a good sign for the teacher. I am sure she already thinks that I am an incompetent mother. Who can't get their kid to school on time the first day? Then to top things off at the end of the day the boys were supposed to walk home by themselves and meet me on the way. Well, for some odd reason we never met. So I was wandering around school and they were in the courtyard at our house wondering where their mother was. Well I finally went home at around 4pm. I was late for my piano lesson and very hot, but relieved that my children had not been abducted the first day I let them walk home by themselves. Needless to say I am picking them up from their classroom tomorrow. It was a very stressful first day for mom.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Too funny Rachel! I can't believe how lucky let me repeat - how LUCKY you are to live so close to the school that they will be able to walk - that would give you a little more time to kill before they get home! Is Lilly in preschool? I am loving having a break from all four - woohoo!

Keira said...

Just imagining them circling the courtyard, scratching their heads...

Priceless.

Kelly Mo said...

I am so glad those boys are wandering aimlessly around San Diego. Glad the first day of school was a hit!!