Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Small Date After All






Damon and I had a nice little escape on Friday. I arranged for our babysitter to drive with me to Damon's work and drop me off and take Lily back home. She watched the kids the rest of the day and night. Damon met me at the car where I had yummy Subway sandwiches waiting. We headed on the 5 North while we ate and Damon wondered what in the world his crazy wife was up to. I hadn't informed him of our plans. It wasn't until we hit Irvine that he had an inkling that we were headed to the happiest place on earth. It's fun right now with the park all decked out in Halloween attire.



Our passes expire soon and I wanted to get one last trip in with just Damon. We had lots of fun. We went on Soarin over California, the new Toy Story Mania ride, which was so fun, and Screamin'. Those are our favorite rides in California Adventure. After trying to get shakes at our favorite shake shop and finding out it wasn't open we headed over towards Disneyland. The place was a little more crowded than what I had hoped, but we still had fun. We went on Star Tours, the monorail, had dinner in downtown Disney at the Rain Forest Cafe (Damon met a parrot from there), walked back to Disneyland, went on Haunted Mansion, Pirates and then called it a night.

We get so tired after a while. It is funny to think that we used to be able to open and close the park and then drive the 40 minutes back to Riverside. We didn't even stay to watch the fireworks. It's nice to go there kid and worry free. We didn't tell the kids that we were going there because we knew they would complain. The next morning they woke up to some fun surprises though.

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a kid at heart! Looks like you guys had fun!

PS We saw Damon at church today.

Jen said...

I am sooo jealous you can do that for a date. That sounds fun!! I love Disneyland!! What a blast.

Kelly Mo said...

You lucky dog! Brody dreams about going there and you just live practically down the street. I am so happy that you have taken advantage of that situation!! I bet all of the Halloween decorations were awesome. The Haunted Mansion had to look fantastic!

Julie and Pete said...

I'm Jealous, Jealous, Jealous!!! I LOVE Disneyland in the fall. At Christmas time too. I want to be there right now!!! I'm gald you guys had fun.
Julie