Friday, August 21, 2009

California Adventures!

We headed out to the Magic Kingdom on Wednesday. We spent the whole day in California Adventure. Adam is hilarious to go with to the park. He is such a little thrill seeker. We went on all the great rides. Lily was able to talk with Crush the turtle. We went back to the hotel for a swim and I had to pick up Damon from the train station. He didn't want to have two cars down there.


We headed back to the park and watched the Electrical Parade and went on more fun rides. Damon was so tired that when we were watching the parade and sitting on the ground he used Lily's stroller as a chair. Lily will go on Soarin' over California and love it until the end when they turn off all the lights. She starts screaming. She loves that she is tall enough to go on most of the rides. She finally hit that 40 inch mark.

The next morning we woke up, well some of us did. Adam slept in. I took Lily and Noah to Disneyland with our friends. Damon and Adam met us later. We hit all the fun rides and didn't have to wait in to many long lines due to Pete's ridemax schedule. We spent the afternoon at the pool again for some down time. Damon and I took the kids to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. We had a fun time there. The kids love all the stuff in there.
We went back to the park and finished off all the rides. Lily was able to go on Star Tours, Big Thunder and Space Mountain. She chose not to go on Space though. Adam was happy to be tall enough to go on Indiana Jones. He loved it. I think I had my eyes closed for all of it. Our friends watched our kids that night so Damon and I could spend some time there by ourselves. We watched the fireworks and went on Pirates.

On our way home from Disneyland we stopped in Newport Beach to visit the stomping grounds of our youth. We went to the fun zone and let the kids eat ice cream, play in the arcade and ride the ferris wheel. They got rid of the bumper cars and we were sad about that.

We are happy to be home now and are all very tired. We had a great time with our friends, but are ready for some R&R. I think I am almost ready for school to start again.

3 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

Looks like a blast! I would love to be so close to Disneyland!

Heather said...

This Summer - you can really say that you got to know California1 Looks like fun and I bet your kids are loving every minute of it!

Julie and Pete said...

We had a good time. Thanks for coming with us. I'm having a hard time bouncing back but looking forward to my bed. Thanks for putting up with us. I love your new room!!