Saturday, August 15, 2009

SoCal Fun!


We have been busy with our friends from Oregon the past couple of days. Julie and I have been shopping up a storm to find stuff for the house. Friday's big find was a bookshelf for the living room. I was so excited about that.


Friday afternoon we headed downtown and went to the Midway Museum. We had never been there before and still can't believe how big that ship is. We also couldn't believe how small the living quarters were. We loved being up on the flight deck looking at all the planes. Carriers are just amazing ships.
In the Brig!

Friday night we went out to this place call Pei Wei. It was way yummy and we managed to get in a few chuckles. Damon ran into a racquetball wall during the day and had a big bump on his eyebrow. He looked very formidable. We did some more furniture shopping. I think the sales people were happy to see us go after all the comments that Pete and Damon made about every piece of furniture. Some of it was pretty ugly.
Saturday morning was spent doing some quick home improvement stuff and then we were off to Del Mar. Well, not Damon. He had to luau's to work at in Orange County. We managed to have fun without him. It was a lovely day for the beach and I even got on the boogie board to catch some waves. We ended up bringing more sand home than I would have preferred, but it was worth it.

Lily got her first haircut Saturday afternoon. Just 2 inches. I couldn't handle anything more than that. We sure do love having our friends here. Stay tuned for more SoCal fun.

2 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

Was that the first time you have been to Pei Wei?? That place is delish! I love the lettuce wraps and the crispy honey chicken. Mmmmmm!

Julie and Pete said...

Lily's hair looks great!