
Our week with no kids ended with me driving to Las Vegas to pick up the kids. I had my babysitter, who just got back from college, come with me so I wouldn't have to drive by myself. She was a great help and the kids were mostly excited to see her. We met up with my inlaws and the kids at the MGM Grand. It completely reaffirmed how much I hate casinos and Vegas, or the Strip, in general.


We were able to have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. We went to the M&M store and took some fun pictures. It was super hot and just yucky there. The kids were great on the drive home and Kaitlyn and I taught them how to play the semi-truck game. I had to make the car ride interesting because I forgot the DVD player. Every time the kids got a truck drive to honk his horn by pulling on their imaginary horn in the air, they got $.25. It entertained them the whole way home. It was hilarious. I remember doing that as a kid, but my dad hated it and would always freak out every time a semi would honk their horn.

The kids are back. The kids had a great time with their grandparents. They miss their nana so much already. The house is filled with laughter, noise and overall chaos again. I think maybe next summer I might try for a 2 week break.
1 comment:
Don't be a Vegas hater! I heart Vegas (but only once a year and NOT on weekends).
Post a Comment