Saturday, August 9, 2008

On the Royal Throne

Most of you know the struggle I went through earlier in the year with trying to potty train Lily. Well, right after we got back from our trip the same battle began to brew. After a day of Lily screaming her brains out and refusing to use the toliet while she sat on it I had a nice little chat with my 3 year old. I said, "It is my way now. This is what we are doing. You are not going to win on this." Well, who knew that would be the turning point. I haven't really had a problem with her since. She loves going to the bathroom now on the potty. The first few days were rough. I think we would go through 6 pairs of princess underwear (we can't call them underpant. Lily doesn't like that) the first 4 days, but now she wears the same pair all day long. On Friday we were out running errands and I told her every store we went to would have a potty. If she needed to go she needed to tell me. I kept asking her, but she never had to go. Thank goodness because public bathrooms gross me out. We are so very proud of her. I am so very excited to be almost done with diapers after 8 1/2 years. YIPPIE!!

3 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

Congrats, Lily! Keep up the good work. Pottys are much better than dipes. Wanna come over and share some of your new found wisdom with Elliott?

Julie and Pete said...

Yeah Lily!!! Rachel, welcome to another phase of life.

Keira said...

Ugh. Way to rub salt into the wound. I still have at least three (if not four years to go--) and that is only if this is my last child.

I'm very happy for you though.