Damon and I found ourselves with nothing to do on Wednesday night and nothing on TV to watch so we broke out our Scrabble game and got thinking. He didn't like the way I spelled wager so out came the huge dictionary that my mom gave us a couple of years ago. She was tired of us calling her at 11pm asking her if what we thought were words were indeed actual words. That was during our Boggle phase. Wager was actually spelled correctly. Damon didn't like me using "poo". I was behind by about 20 points and I had just found a place to spell the word "apex" for 57 points which would have won me the game and I was salivating waiting while Damon stared at the board for 10 minutes. Then the meany stole the "e" I was going to use and got 18 points with "hoe", which solidified his lead. He was so happy to win. I let him enjoy the victory because I beat him in everything else. This morning I found him reading the dictionary over breakfast so as to be more prepared for the next time. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Scrabble! Shhhh, don't tell Damon, but hop on over to Borders and pick up a copy of, "Everything Scrabble." There are all kinds of strategies and stuff. There is even a section on all the words you can spell with "Q" without having to use a "U."
How funny - you two are a little competitive I must say! But, how fun - I haven't played scrabble in a long time...and yes, I would definitely need a dictionary!
Post a Comment