Friday, May 15, 2009

Just us Girls


The boys left us today to go camping. That's fine. The house is a bit quieter without them. Lily is definitely bored with me. She is with me all the time and I think she thinks I am boring. We started our together time a little early with some Coldstone. Who doesn't enjoy ice cream on a warm day? Then after a quick game of Disney Memory we headed off to get broccoli beef at Panda Express. Lily was so excited. She usually just gets that at home, but this time we stayed and ate there. She gobbled up her dinner and was so happy.


Our fortune cookies couldn't have fit us better. Mine said, "Get away from home awhile to restore your energies." That couldn't be more true with everything that I have on my plate right now. Unfortunately running away from the plate is just being irresponsible. Maybe I will leave when the plate is empty. That should be about June 13th at 6pm. Lily's said, "You are always welcome in any gathering." I explained that to Lily and told her it was because everyone loved her. She said, "I know. I love me too." That was followed by her sweet little giggle. She is so funny. After we came home she took a very long bubble bath and went to bed. I am enjoying my quiet time and just watched the finale of Grey's Anatomy. AAAGH. Now I have to wait until September to find out what happens. Those evil writers.

When all is said and done, even though my morale right now is a little now, and I really feel like the world is out to get me, I have much to be thankful for and that is what keeps me going.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Lily is so cute and it looks like a fun night out!

MBlairsLars said...

I love girls night! Thanks for your call, I will call you later.....lots on my plate too...have to give talk in church tomorrow...ugh!

jlk said...

Just do one thing at a time -- you'll get through it! Lily sounds like a blast. I think she and Molly would get along so well.

Also, love your background. Tres patriotic!

Keira said...

You look so great! And Lily's not too shabby either...