Friday, May 29, 2009

Saying Goodbye yet again

Getting out of Dodge!
I am so tired of people I really enjoy being around leaving San Diego. It almost makes me not want to meet anyone new. Then again, one might miss learning something from the someone they met.




My dear friend Wendy is moving to a colder place, Colorado. She was only here while her husband was deployed (for 13 months. I would have never survived Damon being gone for that long). We would walked the lake together, did preschool together with our 3 year olds and over the past year I have gained a good friend. She will be missed.





We had a fun girls night out to Applebee's. We ordered a Mile High cake in here honor as well as sang random John Denver songs. Again, I really hope this is the last farewell party I have to attend. Erika and Dianne, you are not allowed to leave!







Lily's class had a field trip to Cold Stone on Thursday. You know you are in for a great day when you can eat a ton of ice cream before 11am. We stopped by a park first and saw some turtles and ducks. One of the turtles was stuck in this concrete areas and couldn't climb the stairs. After watching it struggle and then flip over on its back I picked it up and carried it over to the grass. I have never seen a turtle move so fast towards water.

4 comments:

MBlairsLars said...

I can't believe Wendy is moving too! What a shame for you. She really is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I am sure she will be back to visit though. Keep your chin up!

Heather said...

How sad! You can totally join my club as the majority of my closest friends have hit the high road! The only good news is that the majority of them would give anything to be back in San Diego!

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

I'm with you---in the last 9 months all of my close girl friends have moved too. (I'm just now looking at your blog after getting the address at Christmas. You look great...you haven't aged since college!)

Wendy said...

OK Rachel...I am so pathetic...this is the first time I have checked my blog or anyone else's since moving. You really are such an awesome woman! I miss you and appreciate all of your friendship and kinds words. What an awesome blogger you are.