Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Madness








Memorial Day wasn't actually mad, but we had tons of fun. We drove up Sunday after church to Mortensen Manor. My sister made tacos just for Damon. He was so happy. The kids were all excited to see their cousins. We had an enjoyable dinner and dessert followed by a 3 mile walk.




The next morning Damon thought he had died and gone to heaven when he woke up to my sister making crepes. Life can't get better than that. After breakfast Damon headed off to the cemetery and to visit an old friend and the kids and I and their uncle headed off to the park.

After the park and lunch we went swimming. This was our kids first venture back into the water since last summer. Lily has forgotten everything she learned last year and Adam can stay up, but does look an awful lot like he is drowning. We will all be back in swim lessons again soon. The water and weather were nice. We headed over to Aunt Kathy's house to gather with all the Horspool's for more swimming and a BBQ. The food was great the kids loved the water slide and spa and the parents all loved catching up.



On our way home we stopped by a store that we used to shop at in Portland. The chain has been slowly moving South, but hasn't made its way down to San Diego yet. The store's name is Winco. We stopped and bought our most favorite ice cream. The store was laid out exactly how the store in Oregon is laid out so it was so easy to find everything. The prices are still so cheap that I ended up buying a little more than ice cream. I was so excited. It felt like Christmas.

We made it home and the kids slept very soundly. Now if only every day could be this fun

6 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

Can I stay at Mortensen Manor and eat crepes for breakfast? I am drooling!

MBlairsLars said...

I want an invitation....looks like a blast!

Heather said...

What a fun Memorial day! I wish every day could be like those!

Julie and Pete said...

How was the icecream??

Keira said...

A pool. Today I could use a pool. You look like you had so much fun!

b + j = calculus said...

holy kids on the trampoline! wish we could have been there with you guys!