Tuesday, June 1, 2010

London Day 6


This morning we had to catch and early train. 8:10am. Yuck! I miss the days of not having to set an alarm. We made the train, but not before I literally ran in front of the bus as it pulled out so we could get on it. The bus driver told me I was a very bad girl.

The train ride out to Lingfield station wasn't bad. It was short. There was nothing out at the station, but we were able to call a cab and it took us to the London Temple. It felt like it was in the middle of nowhere. The air smelled very clean out there and it was really quiet. After being in some really big cities it was a nice change.

It was nice being at one of our religious buildings after being at so many cathedrals over the past 2 weeks. The temple is simple, but very nicely decorated.

We rode the train back and then went to Picadilly and had lunch at TGI Fridays. We were in the mood for some BBQ. We then did some shopping and then came back to the hotel. I was hoping to go out again and see London all alight, but Damon isn't feeling good so we are staying in for the rest of the evening. I guess I will have to save that for our next trip.

I have packed and am all ready to start the long trek home tomorrow. I am excited to see the kids and my garden and Nana. Not so excited about working again.

We were actually able to go out for a little bit later. The buildings looked cool all aglow.



Goodbye London! Hopefully we will see you again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

seriously - you looked relaxed and renewed today at church! what an amazing trip you guys enjoyed!
I'm still so jealous!