All traveling leads to growth. It doesn't matter if you travel up the state or around the world. Everyone learns something.
So we have been home a week and I have been pondering all of our experiences. Here is a list of what I learned.
1)All European big cities were built around water and a cathedral
2) Europeans don't like flat sheets. Out of the 5 hotels we stayed in only 1 had the flat sheet as well as the fitted on.
3) It doesn't matter what country you are in, all woman like shoes
4) No matter where you are you can always find a McDonald's
5) In Europe they call drive thru's Mcdrives
6) Owning all 4 walls of your home is a luxury
7) Foreign flight attendants are much nicer than American ones
8) Always greet everyone with a hello in their own language, even if it is the only word you know
9) Italian food is good in France, England, Germany and Austria.
10) public transportation is only sneered at in America
11) Even after being together for 13 years there are still things I learn about my spouse
12) Even after being together for 13 years there are still things I need to learn about how to behave around him, patience being the biggest
13) I really love carbs and Europe only feeds into that love.
14) Every country has something unique to offer the world. One just has to find it.
15) No matter how tough everyone thinks I am, or how tough I tell myself I am, I can still cry at the drop of a hat
16) Just because one brings adapters for the electrical outlets does not mean that all appliances should be plugged in. My flat iron started smoking two seconds after I plugged it in. Luckily it still works in America
17) Typos are pretty common when you blog late at night and are to tired to proof read:)
We had a wonderful trip and are having a hard time adjusting back to normal life. Work just seems that much harder to get done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment