Friday, June 11, 2010

A graduation and ranch round up



What a busy Friday! It started at 4am with a migraine for me. Yea! I was finally able to fall asleep again and woke up at 7am and got moving. I made cookies for Lily's pre-k graduation, finished a cake for the cake walk at Jerabek's ranch round up, made breakfast, got the kids ready for school, taught my last piano lesson for the week and got the kids all to school on time, barely.

I am frantically getting ready for the recital tomorrow by running all over the place trying to find everything I need. It hasn't been easy. I feel like I have been in my car an awful lot this week. It also seems that our vacation was months ago and not last week. The glow of vacation relaxation is gone.

It was a bit sad to see my baby be all done with her early years of education. From now on, the public school system has her. She looks awfully cute. I can't believe she will be 5 in a month. I still think of her as a baby.
This is a picture of Lily and Ms. Jane. Lily has known Ms. Jane since she was 6 months old. Ms. Jane also taught Adam for 2 years of preschool. She is a wonderful teacher and has now prepared two of my kids for kindergarten. I am sad that we won't see her very much anymore.
After the boys got home from school and had a snack we headed to Ranch Round Up, our school's main fund raiser for the year. The kids had wristbands and could stay in the bouncy area as long as they wanted. They also had tickets to get food and play carnival games. I was able to catch up with some friends and teachers I don't get to see very often. Damon joined us after he got home from work. Fun was had by all.


Now it is off to finish all the recital stuff. Can't wait til it is all over!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute little Lily is getting too grown up! Parker graduates on Friday - I can't handle it!