Thursday, June 3, 2010

Home

We are home now and I think that it was the longest day of my life. We woke up at 5:15am London time, which is 9:15pm the night before in San Diego. We made it to the airport in good time and started the trek west.

The flight was nice. We all had our own little tv's that we could pick our own movies to watch. I slept for a little bit and then watched movies the rest of the time. It certainly made the time fly. It really was an enjoyable flight.
We landed in New York at 10:20am local time. That was the hard part. Our flight didn't leave until 5pm. The original plan was to go to New York City and have a little bit of fun during the 7 hour layover. What we didn't account for was how exhausted we would be. Neither of us felt like leaving so we spent all that time in the airport. We weren't even in a very fun terminal.
Our flight back to San Diego was nice too. I slept for an hour and a half. Damon didn't sleep at all. Probably because I was using him as a pillow. We landed earlier than expected and made it home before the kids were asleep. The excitement that met us at the door reminded us of why we love being home. We couldn't give the kids enough hugs and kisses and they all seem so much bigger.

up next... what we learned

No comments: