I am so happy that the recital is done. It seems like we got home from our trip and I haven't been able to stop running until tonight. I think my body is unloading all the stress that it was holding in because everything hurts. I just have to laugh.
I spent all Friday night and Saturday morning making all the treats for the recital. I didn't take a picture of everything when it was set up on the table at the recital. I had a flag cake, eclairs, creme puffs with American Flag toothpicks sticking out of them, chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels and watermelon. It was a lot of work doing everything by myself, but it all came together splendidly.
The recital went relatively smoothly. I honestly can't remember much of it. I think that is why I have Damon record them, because I don't remember what happens the moment it ends. The boys did great on their songs. I was very proud of them. Lily was able to attend this year and managed to stay quiet during the whole performance. Damon was a saint and designed the programs and ran some of the errands I just didn't have time for. The recital is seriously a family effort to put together.
We celebrated the end of the recital by going to The Hamburger Factory in Old Poway. We had never been there. It was a cute place located in a really unique setting. It is fun to try new places. We strolled through the park afterwards before we can home. I am completely pooped and have no desire to accomplish anything over the next few days. I think I need a vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment