Packing shouldn't be complicated. Throwing clothes into a suitcase is a simple task. So why am I so unmotivated to pack? Why have I not made my list and checked it twice. What seemed like a good idea in November is starting to feel like a major stress causer in May. It's not like I haven't travelled internationally before. I think my excitement comes all out at the beginning of the idea of a trip then by the time the trip rolls around it has fizzled tremendously. Don't get me wrong, I am WAY excited to leave. I have been mentally planning this trip since 2003. I just really hate the minute details and that's all that is left.I think the number one factor of what's causing this pre-travel anxiety is my kids. Our last big international trip we took them with us. It was fun and I loved having them with us and I am glad that they aren't coming on this trip, but I am worried about them. The people who are taking care of them are more than capable and willing to care for them. I think I am worried about all the details. I know I will miss them. This is the longest I will have been without them.
As Tuesday comes around I am positive my excitement will reach a peak again. In fact I am sure I will not be able to sleep the night before. As long as there are no bomb threats, bombs, or volcanic eruptions we should be good to go. Damon has assured me that if we get stuck in Miami we will have a fun week long vacation at the beach and Disneyworld (yes, I know it's in Orlando. We would just go there too). He has also said no amount of planning can make everything perfect. There are bound to be hiccups. He said I will need to roll with them. Hopefully my OCD will deal with that when it comes. This is why I love my husband. He knows me so well. 
4 comments:
Make sure to leave room for my present:) Everything will be fine with the kids. And P.S. something will mess up your plans. just know something will (ex: when Jen and I missed our plane back to Ireland). Make sure to take a picture of it so we all know when it happened.
You are going to have such a fun time!!! I amway jealous.
If it makes you feel any better, we haven't packed yet either...And we leave Sunday!
You guys are going to have a blast....just enjoy every moment - even packing. :)
Post a Comment