Since I have some time I thought I would do a little blogging. Damon is currently taking a nap. I always wear him out on trips. Next trip we better spend on a beach doing nothing, just to make him happy.
Our 1st day of the trip was spent travelling all day long. I woke up at 3:15am even though the alarm was set for 4am and knew I would be able to get back to sleep. So I got up and showered and got ready. My fabulous friend Erika took us to the airport. Our flight was for 7am, but since we were there at 5:50am they let us go on the 6:20am flight out to LA. That was nice. The flight to Miami wasn't bad either. I had never been to Florida so that was kind of cool. The part of the airport we were in though was blah though. It was really old. The flight from Miami to Paris was a long one. What made it even longer was the 45 minute delay before we boarded and then the 30 minute delay once we got on board. We finally left. We were able to get a little sleep. Damon looked longingly at the first class section. He isn't used to traveling long distances with the lesser mortals anymore. Poor guy.
We finally arrived in Paris at 9:30am and then waited for what seemed like forever for our luggage. We hired a taxi to take us to our hotel. Paris drivers have nothing on New York drivers. I honestly held my breathe in some of the places the driver was trying to squeeze us in to. Damon said the drivers in Taiwan are even worse. aagh! We were able to check into our hotel early (yea!).

Our first stop was a place called the Luxemburg gardens. It reminded me of Central Park, but not so big. It was pretty. We crossed the street and headed straight for the Pantheon. Marie Curie was buried there. After that we grabbed some lunch from the deli and walked up to Notre Dame. I think Damon really liked that. The place took over 200 years to build and was started in 1163 AD. It really is unbelievable. We also took the bell tower tour which I didn't do the first time I came to Paris. That was fun, but there were a lot of stairs. My legs were burning and my heart was pumping, but one we reached the top we had the most amazing 360* views of the city. We figured out the metro system down below and haven't managed to get lost yet. It's been a good day thus far. We are just a little tired. Hopefully that will change soon.

4 comments:
So jealous! Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!!
Damon said you wouldn't like it if there were delays. I love the traveling part. I'm not home with the day to day stuff. Just keep posting the pictures and stop wearing out your husband. Nobody has as much energy as you do!
Wow! You vacation like I do - just pack as much in as you possibly can!
keep posting!
How tired were you at the airport:) Make sure to go to the Paris Opera House. Are you going to Versailles? I can't remember.
Post a Comment