
After the laundry we headed out to the Tower of London. It was a rainy and windy day in London. It was the first day we had to use our umbrellas. The Tower was cool. So much history took place there. We saw a reenactment of battle preparations. We visited the crown jewels. I would love to know how much a 580 carot diamond weighs. We had lunch there to and got what we thought was chicken soup because it was cold and ended up getting something called Pho, procounced FAH that was discusting. It's some vietnamese dish. I took one bite and almost lost it. I went back and found some French Onion soup for the cold day.


We went up to Westminster Abbey after that. We didn't want to pay to get in so we decided to go to Evensong at 5pm. We walked over to Buckingham Palace and just happened to be there for the change of the guard. We also so the Horse Brigade leave on their black horses. Pretty cool. Most of everything they do is out of ceremony and not necessity, but it is neat to see this long lasting tradition.


We went back for Evensong and were able to sing "God Save the Queen" along with the organ. That was incredible, the organ, not our singing. The choir there was great too. I would love to attend a full fledged concert there.

We whipped over to Picadilly Circus and grabbed a quick bite to eat at McDonald's because nothing else around sounded good. We walked on over to the Queen's Theatre and saw Les Miserables. We didn't have the best of seats, but the music was still good. I cried my eyes out at the end. I started crying before the end because I know what's coming.

We came home and crashed after that. Funny story... The other night I was lying in bed looking at the pictures on the laptop and Damon came in later, he had been in the shower, and found me completely asleep with my fingers on the buttons of the computer. I guess I was tired. Even I can wear myself out.
3 comments:
Isn't Westminster Abbey awesome! We got to sing there. I think it's one of my favorite places.
It looks like your trip is turning out great! I love the pics (like always) and can't wait to get the whole story when you get home.
I love pho! I love your pics. We couldn't get in Westminster b/c it was after 9/11. The Tower of London was by my favorite thing to see. HAVE FUN these last few days!
Post a Comment