We got an early start today. We wanted to be at the Louvre when it openned this morning at 9am. That normally doesn't sound early, but when you are up til 1am it is early. We've been eating dinner so late since the sun doesn't go down until so late. So 9am is early. We grabbed our quick breakfast and headed out.
The Louvre reminded me a lot of the MET in NYC. It's really big, confusing and to much to take in. We saw the Mona Lisa and a whole bunch of other works of art. A lot of marble statues. We couldn't find what I really wanted to see and we ended up walking around a lot more than we should have. The building itself is super cool and so are the pryamids. It made me giggle because I thought of the movie, "The Great Muppet Caper". They broke into the Louvre through the pyramid. 
After that we headed out to Versailles. Damon was tired by this point and started to get a headache. He made it through it though. The comments I got from him about Versailles were,
"It seems really wasteful", talking about how ornate it is and "the gardens are amazing". They really are. We had lunch at McDonald's. I know...lame, but it was right there.
"It seems really wasteful", talking about how ornate it is and "the gardens are amazing". They really are. We had lunch at McDonald's. I know...lame, but it was right there.
We leave tomorrow for Germany. That part is a little scary for me because I really know nothing about where we are going. I guess it will be the real adventure. Paris wasn't to hard. I've been here before.

4 comments:
I loved looking at all of your pics! AMAZING!
The guys are camping and doing great!
Have a great time and good-luck in Germany!
Loves!
The pictures look awesome - I loved Paris but nothing was quite as amazing as Germany! have fun there!
good luck!
Tres bon. Il sont tres bon.
Post a Comment