Sunday, May 23, 2010

Munich Day 2

Today was a fun and relaxing day. We didn't do to many crazy things. We got to talk to the kids and my parents and that was nice. I think Damon really misses them.

After a nice breakfast at the club, the private level only accessible to starwood preferred members, we headed back to the Marienplatz again. We found Mike's Bike shop. Mike is from New York and 10 years ago he left and moved here and started his own tour company. He has some Americans working for him as well as a Fijian. We met him today. We rented bikes and cruised around Munich.


It was so much fun. We just pedalled along. We crossed over the Isar River. By this bridge there are some rapids were people actually surf. Surfing in the middle of landlocked Germany. Who would have thought?
We then headed towards the English Garden. We saw a Chinese Temple, lots of sunbathers, we were serenaded by 2 men with a guitar and according singing "Oh Suzanna" and "La Cucaracha". We found that all very hilarious. It was all very pretty though.



We went to church later today. It was nice, just extremely small. Even the building was small. After church we went back to the hotel and relaxed. We ordered room service. We did some laundry in our sink. So funny. Our room smells like laundry detergent now. It could be worse.

Tomorrow we are going to Fussen, Obergaumu and Neuschwanstein. I would love to add Salzburg to that list since it is just to the East of us, but Damon glares at me when I bring that up:)

6 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

He glares at you?!?! You are much closer to Austria now than you will be when you are back home! Do it! I can't wait to see pictures of the castle. So jealous!

MBlairsLars said...

Renting bikes on vacation wouldn't be James first thought, but it looks fun. I will have to show him the beauty of it all! Hope your having a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I haven't seen pics of you guys in a while. Damen doesn't look like the same guy and you look exactly the same... I hate you just a little.lol Hope you keep enjoying the trip.
Tia

Caroline said...

Was there no laundromat or is that how they roll in Germany? That's cool about the surfing.

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

Austria! Austria! Austria! The hills are alive with the SOUND OF MUSIC IN AUSTRIA. You gotta go. Tell Damon you'll have a baby if he takes you to Austria. ;)

Loves!

Heather said...

I agree with Dianne - we loved loved Austria so much and we even did the Sounds of Music tour! it was so fun!